Friday, July 11, 2008

Best Friends




My best friend and I met when we were three years old. I was with my friend Matt at the time riding my big wheel when I saw her down the street and she was also on a big wheel. Matt and I decided to go down the street to meet this girl, but every time we got close she would run up her driveway and hide. She'd peek out, but always run and hide. After a few times Matt and I got bored and went home. Soon after Brooke's mom was knocking on our door wanting to meet us because Brooke had said there were kids down the street. We've been friends ever since and that was seventeen years ago.
(I'm on the left on my bigwheel and Brooke is on the left.)

We both lived a few houses down from each other and we walked to and from school together everyday all throughout elementary school. I went with her every summer to Taylor Reservoir to go camping since I was in second grade. We loved going camping and even created our special spot. We came across this tree with some strange disease and has been known as the "butt tree." Here's two pics from when we were little to when we went back at about fourteen/fifteen.
<


Every Christmas morning after opening presents we would call each other to tell one another what all we got and then meet up as soon as we could to play. We each became apart of each other's family.

When I was thirteen I was invited to go with her and her family to Texas where her family is from. I begged and begged my Dad for a week to let me go on this trip and he finally gave me the okay. Since then I've been going with her family to the beach every year. It's tradition!

When we were sixteen she was invited with my family to spend Thanksgiving in Cancun Mexico. We had so much fun that year! It was another fantastic memory to add to our list. While we were there we snorkled, did excursions, went in underground caves, found a starfish, and of course ate the best Mexican food ever! We even snuck into a club with my family and were there with my family and parents until 2am! It was a blast.


Brooke later moved from our hometown to good ol Denver when we were in our teens. That was one of the hardest things for the both of us. But we've done a great job and scheduling trips to see each other. It was only a five hour trip. But then we each got older and soon Brooke went off to college and is now eighteen hours away! Still, we have managed to remain best friends.


Brooke and I have shared so many things and memories with each other we're close enough to be sisters. She is the one person who has been around me since I was very small and she knows me so well. The same thing goes for my side. We have our differences, thats for sure, but in the end we remain as close as ever.

No comments: